Anglo-Continental provides general, Professional and Technical English language training programmes for government departments, commercial organisations and educational and training institutions throughout the world.
These courses combine 20 lessons of intensive general English tuition with 10 lessons each week developing the language of your chosen specialisation – arranged in independent modules so that you can enrol for a period of time convenient to you.
Our Professional and Technical specialised courses are as follows:
- English for Health and Safety
- English for Hospitality and Tourism
- English for Maritime Personnel
- English for Air Force Personnel
- English for Naval Personnel
- English for Immigration and Security Personnel
- English for Army Personnel
- English for Police Forces
To contact a member of our marketing team, click here.
Having a recognised diploma-level qualification in teaching English to speakers of other languages is a requirement for our year-round teachers. In addition to this, they will also have extensive teaching experience in a variety of professional areas. It is a minimum requirement that teachers have a recognised English language teaching qualification i.e Cambridge CELTA, Trinity College TESOL Certificate or equivalent. Teachers are also expected to have a degree level qualification.
Within our established long-term team, a number of teachers have Masters level qualifications, others have qualified teacher status (QTS) and some have specialist subject qualifications. Many of these teachers have positions of responsibility according to their areas of expertise.
Our English language programmes:
Our English language programmes have been developed over 70 years, with the emphasis on our students’ individual requirements:
- Short-term and long-term courses to meet every need, including internationally recognised examinations
- Diagnostic entry testing for accurate placement
- Friendly, qualified and experienced teachers to help you with every aspect of your studies.
- Tuition at all levels from Beginner to Advanced
- Modern techniques and real-life practice to build your confidence and help you to learn more easily
- Individual consultation with your personal teacher
- Special guidance and advice for academic study programme students and for university entry