Current Job Opportunities
POSITION: INTERNATIONAL MARKETING – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
We are inviting applicants to apply for the permanent full-time post of Business Development Coordinator. We are looking for an experienced marketing person, whose prime responsibilities will be the promotion and administration of the School’s English Language courses. This full time post is based in Bournemouth, working within an established multi-national team and involving 12-16 weeks overseas travel per year in The Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Turkey).
The post offers an excellent opportunity for a dynamic person with sound administrative, communication and presentation skills.
In order for your application to be processed further, please forward a copy of your CV to Miss Julie Haine – Personnel and Student Administration Manager, Anglo-Continental School of English, 29-35 Wimborne Road, Bournemouth BH2 6NA. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION: FOOD SERVICES SUPERVISOR
We are inviting applicants to apply for the post of Food Services Supervisor. The successful applicant will be working as part of a small team, assisting with the cooking, production and service of all meals to the highest possible standard and they will be responsible for the supervision of Food Service Assistants. Relevant experience is essential for this role.
- To present and serve food in line with Anglo-Continental’s policy, keeping abreast of all modern techniques and advancements to constantly improve services to the customers.
- Provide cover for the Chef when necessary.
- To organise rotas, stock-taking, food rotation and the checking and receiving of goods, in line with Anglo-Continental’s current policy and HACCP. To allocate duties and to organise staff productively and efficiently in order to achieve the required standards.
- To develop menu options that meet the needs of customers.
- To arrange the ordering of required materials from nominated suppliers via Anglo-Continental’s current purchasing procedure and adhering to Anglo-Continental’s current policy. To ensure that the lowest price is paid for retail items and to source alternative suppliers as necessary.
- Handling any complaints professionally and promptly.
- To obtain feedback on the catering service and to advise and recommend solutions for any negative feedback.
- Maintain a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene, working within HACCP and HSE regulations at all times in all areas.
- Demonstrate a professional, courteous and friendly attitude towards customers, staff and work colleagues at all times.
- To carry out any reasonable request by the Board, including work outside of ‘normal’ hours.
- To hold regular meetings and training sessions for Food Service Assistants and to discipline, guide and coach staff as necessary.
- To attend meetings and training courses as required.
- Clearing and cleaning of all service, preparation and eating areas, utensils and equipment to the required standard, including the Student Restaurant area and kitchen.
- To ensure that all counters and front-of-house areas are clean and professionally presented at all times. This includes ensuring that all food is correctly labelled and that menus are appropriately presented to customers.
- To ensure that any other catering requirements such as the Executive Centre buffet lunch and outside business room hire events are delivered as specified by Anglo-Continental.
Proven experience is essential and an attractive rate of pay is offered. We are looking a member of staff to work from 07:30 to 15.00 hours, Monday to Friday. Additional hours may be required during the summer months.
In order for us to process your application further please submit a copy of your CV with a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role to James Palmer – Facilities and Catering Manager, Anglo-Continental School of English, 29-35 Wimborne Road, Bournemouth BH2 6NA. Email: email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Disclaimer
The Anglo-Continental Educational Group is an equal opportunity employer and it is the organisation’s policy to treat job applicants and employees in the same way, regardless of their race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, pregnancy, maternity, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or marital/civil partnership status.
Prospective applicants from abroad should only apply if they are legally eligible for employment in the UK. Suitable applicants should be from a member country of the European Economic Area or Commonwealth, or have already obtained a visa allowing entry into the UK and permitting employment. The Anglo-Continental Educational Group does not apply for work permits for prospective employees.Download our full Equal Opportunities Policy
Safeguarding (Child and Adult at Risk Protection Policy)
As part of our safeguarding policy, ALL potential candidates when being invited to participate in a face-to-face, telephone or skype interview are given the following information. All temporary staff will now be asked to pay for an Enhanced DBS check which Anglo-Continental will carry out. The current cost is £49.00 and this amount will be deducted from their first salary payment. This check is valid for three years. Anglo-Continental will then pay for any further checks if required.Download our Safeguarding Policy
Anglo-Continental accepts students under the age of 18 years and the law classifies these young people as children. As a consequence, Anglo-Continental has implemented a number of safeguarding systems and procedures during the recruitment process. Potential employees are informed that references will be followed up; all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily; proof of identity and qualifications will be required; reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that they should not be employed in situations where they have responsibility for, or access to, persons under 18 years of age. In the case of temporary staff, the cost of the enhanced DBS check will be deducted from their first salary. Staff are reminded that it is a criminal offence to provide false information. In addition, interviews will include questions that probe candidate’s attitudes to safeguarding children. All staff will be required to sign a declaration that they have not been convicted of a crime against a child or a vulnerable adult.
Harassment and BullyingDownload our full Harassment and Bully Policy