Current Teaching Opportunities
Internship at a school in Switzerland
Duration: 6 – 12 months (preferably 12 months).
Tasks: Assistance in the classroom, help students with their work/homework and teach some classes (all in English, of course).
Accommodation: With a local family, private room and full board.
Salary: CHF 1400 gross per month (approx. £ 1060 minus insurance and tax. Net: £ 900).
The intern has the opportunity to learn German during his/her stay and attend German classes.
International House – Poland, Bielsko-Biala
International House in Poland requires an EFL teacher to work in its bilingual kindergarten “First Steps” from August 27th 2018 – June 19th 2019. This is a great opportunity for teachers who are interested in working with young children and wish to develop professionally in the EFL world in a well-established and supportive school, whilst immersing themselves in authentic Polish culture amidst the backdrop of a beautiful mountainous region. The school offers a free in-house IHCYLT course.
Details of Position
International House in Poland requires an enthusiastic and responsible EFL teacher to work in its bilingual kindergarten “First Steps” from 27.08.2018 – 19.06.2019. This is a great opportunity for a teacher who is interested in gaining a thorough insight into language acquisition of very young children. If you are a positive person, have a good sense of humor, energetic and enjoy learning and initiating, creative ways to teach, you will find this job extremely rewarding. The position will help broaden future employment opportunities because you will be able to benefit immensely by developing professionally in the EFL world in a well-established and supportive school, whilst immersing yourself in authentic Polish culture amidst the backdrop of a beautiful mountainous region.
International House Bielsko was established in 1993 and has a very solid reputation in the local community. Since 2001 the school has been running an English Kindergarten First Steps with 120 children, 1 – 6 year olds. The school is located in purpose built premises with modern teaching facilities. Intensive English classes are delivered by qualified teachers and there are always teachers who speak both English and Polish in the classroom.
The school is also an authorized Cambridge English Examination Centre and since 2014 it has been running a bilingual primary school Primary Steps. For details on the school please visit our website (link below).
As a teacher you will be teaching 22-24 hours (Mon. Fri.):
- 20 hours in the kindergarten and
- 2-4 hours at International House Language School.
Duties will include:
- working with young children aged 2,5 – 6 years old. New teachers will be able to spend 1 week observing experienced teachers and lessons in the kindergarten before they begin teaching. Following this induction period, they will be supported, assisted and guided further by the Kindergarten DOS.
- ensuring the curriculum is covered,
- completing daily lessons that include s/s, t/s, pairing and other creative learning modalities to ensure children are speaking and learning English in a fun environment through play, music, movement and interactive activities.
We are dedicated to the learning of both our children and teaching staff and we offer training sessions and support in all areas of teaching. Regular training sessions and teacher meetings are part of the contract. Teachers are offered a 10-week IHCYLT course with the school which is free on successful completion of the full time employment contract.
An induction period is held before commencing teaching to orient teachers with the school. We offer a wide choice of teaching guides, resources, aids and materials.
The school will pay 100% of the cost of emergency consultations with general doctors and specialists, emergency hospital treatment, and treatment for illnesses and injuries which occur in Poland. The school also pays 50% of the cost of prescriptions and emergency dental treatment (please note this doesn’t apply to self-employed teachers)and assists newly recruited teachers in finding accommodation.
Due to visa and work permit requirements, we are only able to consider applications from EU Citizens or those holding USA passports as US citizens are allowed to be employed on a self-employment contract under local law.
The school is located in Bielsko-Biala, in the south of Poland near ski areas in the beautiful Beskidy mountains. The location is ideal for teachers who are interested in skiing, snowboarding, hiking, sailing and horse riding, as well as those who wish to travel around Europe as there are connections to Prague, Berlin, Budapest to name just a few.
Bielsko-Biala offers a low cost of living, friendly people and the opportunity to experience real Polish life. There are also all of the amenities you would expect (gyms, cinemas, restaurants, bars, jazz clubs, swimming pools, bowling and go-karting centre, tennis courts,climbing courses, shopping centres & supermarkets (including Tesco),etc. Krakow is around 1,5 hours away and Warsaw 4 hours.
– CELTA, TEFL or equivalent.
– Experience of teaching English as a second language to young learners in an approved environment.
Salary and Benefits
The salary will be between 3000 PLN and 3700 PLN depending on experience.
On top of the regular salary there are monthly bonuses:
- 100 PLN for CELTYL / IHCTYLT / CELT-P qualified teachers,
- 100 PLN for preparing a monthly report of language taught.
- 20 working days of paid holidays (including Winter break: 11-22 Feb., Easter break: 19-23 April and May break: 1-5 May).
- travel allowance: 300 PLN for travellers from Europe and 600 PLN for travellers from other countries.
- a free ski pass or cash equivalent of 300 PLN (Please note, this doesn’t apply to self-employed teachers),
- 10 free survival Polish lessons,
- a 10-week IHCYLT course with the school which is free on completion of full time employment contract.