Things to do in Bournemouth
Bournemouth has all the leisure and entertainment facilities of an international holiday resort. Leisure activities available at extra cost include:
- Cinema and theatre, restaurants, pubs and clubs
- Concerts, exhibitions, conferences and musical events
- Russell Cotes Museum of Art
- Country and Western, Jazz and Folk Music
- Classical music by the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra and Sinfonietta
Anglo-Continental Social Activities Programme
At Anglo-Continental we arrange a comprehensive social activities programme (included in the fees). Activities include English language practice workshops, social evenings at local venues, Zumba and fitness classes, themed events, football and volleyball sessions and a wide range of other sports and games.
- Social Activity Programme February 2020.
- Social Activity Programme January 2020.
- Social Activity Programme December 2019.
- Social Activity Programme September-October 2019.
- Social Activity Programme August-September 2019.
- Social Activity Programme July-August 2019.
- Social Activity Programme – July 2019.
- Social Activity Programme – June 2019.
- Social Activity Programme – May 2019.
- Social Activity Programme – April 2019.
- Social Activity Programme – March 2019.
Events and Festivals in Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Bay Run: 5 April 2020.
- Bournemouth Food and Drink Festival : 27-28 June 2020.
- Bournemouth Pier to Pier Swim: 12 July 2020.
- Bournemouth Friday Fireworks: 31 July and 7/14/28 August 2020.
- Bournemouth Air Festival: 20 – 23 August 2020.
- Bournemouth Marathon Festival: 3-4 October 2020.
- Bournemouth Arts by the Sea Festival: 25- 27 September 2020.
Sports in Bournemouth
Anglo-Continental can arrange a wide choice of optional sports activities throughout the year (At extra cost. From £ 5):
- Team-games such as football, volleyball or basketball
- Swimming, sailing, wind-surfing and surfing
- Horse-riding in the New Forest
- Golf on a choice of excellent courses. Click here for a list of local golf courses.
- Jogging and cross-country running
- Local sports centres for fitness training, weight training or martial arts.
Excursions and Educational Visits
A wide selection of excursions are offered throughout the year (At extra cost. From £20). For example:
- Famous cities like London, Oxford, Cambridge, Canterbury, Brighton, Winchester, Salisbury, Stratford-upon-Avon and Bath
- Historic sites such as Glastonbury and Stonehenge
- Famous castles and stately homes such as Windsor Castle, Leeds Castle,
- Blenheim Palace and Hampton Court
- Shopping in London, the Tower of London and the London Eye
- The famous waxworks at Madame Tussaud’s
- London West End Shows and Theatre trips
- Safari parks and theme parks
- International sporting events
- UK Study Excursions
- Indigo Travel Excursions
- Discover Dorset Excursions
- Club 50+ Programme 2020 – Excursions and Leisure Activities
- Vacation Programme Excursions, sports and leisure activities planned
- Young Learners’ Programme Sports and Leisure Activities
- Young Learners’ Excursions