Social Activities Programme
At Anglo-Continental we arrange a comprehensive social activities programme (included in the fees). Activities include English language practice workshops, social evenings at local venues, Zumba and fitness classes, themed events, football and volleyball sessions and a wide range of other sports and games.Social Activity Programme - March 2018 Social Activity Programme - February 2018 Social Activity Programme - January 2018 Social Activity Programme - December 2017 Social Activity Programme - November 2017 Social Activity Programme - October 2017 Social Activity Programme - September 2017 Social Activity Programme - August 2017 Social Activity Programme - July 2017 Social Activity Programme - June 2017 Social Activity Programme - May 2017 Social Activity Programme - April 2017 Social Activity Programme - March 2017
Visit the Anglo-Continental Facebook page to see more photos of our social activities.
Monthly Social Events*
The monthly social events are a fantastic opportunity for the whole student body to socialise together, to meet one another and to take part in fun, friendly competitions with the opportunity to win some fantastic prizes!
|25 January||Latin American Social Afternoon|
|22 February||British Traditions Afternoon|
|29 March||Easter Egg Hunt Social Event|
|19 April||Caribbean Culture Afternoon|
|24 May||May Fayre Social Event|
|21 June||Middle Eastern Social Event|
|19 July||World Culture Social Event|
|23 August||Casino Afternoon Social Event|
|20 September||Wild West Social Afternoon|
|25 October||Halloween Social Event|
|06 December||Christmas Social Event|
*Subject to change
Excursions and Educational Visits
A wide selection of excursions are offered throughout the year (At extra cost. From £20). For example:
- Famous cities like London, Oxford, Cambridge, Canterbury, Brighton, Winchester, Salisbury, Stratford-upon-Avon and Bath
- Historic sites such as Glastonbury and Stonehenge
- Famous castles and stately homes such as Windsor Castle, Leeds Castle,
- Blenheim Palace and Hampton Court
- Shopping in London, the Tower of London and the London Eye
- The famous waxworks at Madame Tussaud’s
- London West End Shows and Theatre trips
- Safari parks and theme parks
- International sporting events
- UK Study Excursions
- Indigo Travel Excursions
- Discover Dorset Excursions
- Club 50+ Programme 2018 – Excursions and Leisure Activities
- Vacation Programme Excursions, sports and leisure activities planned
- Young Learners’ Programme Sports and Leisure Activities
- Young Learners’ Excursions
Things to do in Bournemouth
Visit the Bournemouth Tourist Office – for full information about Bournemouth and the surrounding area.
Bournemouth has introduced an exciting new Coastal Activity Park. With amazing activities on sand, land and sea.
Bournemouth named ‘Best Coastal Resort‘ by the public for the second year in a row by the British Travel Awards.
Three of the UK’s best beaches are right here in Dorset according to this TripAdvisor poll.
Bournemouth has all the leisure and entertainment facilities of an international holiday resort. Leisure activities available at extra cost include:
- Cinema and theatre, restaurants, pubs and clubs
- Concerts, exhibitions, conferences and musical events
- Russell Cotes Museum of Art
- Country and Western, Jazz and Folk Music
- Classical music by the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra and Sinfonietta
Events and Festivals in Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Bay Run: 8 April 2018
- Bournemouth Food and Drink Festival: 15-24 June 2018
- Bournemouth Pier to Pier Swim: 15 July 2018
- Bournemouth Friday Fireworks: July and August 2018
- Bournemouth Air Festival: 30 August – 2 September 2018
- Bournemouth Marathon Festival: 6-7 October 2018
- Bournemouth Arts by the Sea Festival: 29 September – 6 October 2018
Sports in Bournemouth
Anglo-Continental can arrange a wide choice of optional sports activities throughout the year (At extra cost. From £ 5):
- Team-games such as football, volleyball or basketball
- Swimming, sailing, wind-surfing and surfing
- Horse-riding in the New Forest
- Golf on a choice of excellent courses. Click here for a list of local golf courses.
- Jogging and cross-country running
- Local sports centres for fitness training, weight training or martial arts.