Here are some answers to your questions about Anglo-Continental’s approach to keeping its students, staff and visitors safe.
When will we open the school for face-to-face classes?
Anglo-Continental re-opened on Monday, 8 March 2021 for face-to-face classes.
The safety of students, staff and visitors to Anglo-Continental
- When we reopen, we will limit the number of students on campus to no more than 20% of our maximum student capacity (1,200 students) for the next 10 weeks.
- Students will be taught in our larger class rooms where social distancing guidelines can be met.
- Classes will be spread across the campus
- Classroom doors will left open and rooms kept ventilated
- Classrooms will have sanitiser wipes and gels
- Classrooms will be sanitised at the end of each school day
- Break times may be staggered and, if necessary, a double timetable may be introduced
- We will give each student his/her own personal text books, work books and note book to keep.
- The common areas in the school will be sanitised at the end of each school day
- Toilet facilities will be sanitised regularly throughout the day
- Student Services / Reception will have a one way system for flow and social distancing
- Hand sanitisers will be available at key entrances to the buildings
- All staff will wear masks and observe social distancing guidelines where appropriate
- Students and visitors are encouraged to wear masks
- Multi-Media Learning Centre will have every other work station operational to ensure social distancing
- Sanitiser wipes and gels will be available in the Multi-Media Learning Centre
- The Language Laboratory will have every other work station operational to ensure social distancing
- Sanitiser wipes and gels will be available in the Language Laboratory
- Books in the library will not be available
- Signage will be displayed through the campus to inform students, staff and visitors
- Face masks will be available free of charge but you can make a donation to our charity.
Will I need a Covid test and have to quarantine on arrival in the UK?
All passengers arriving into the UK must:
- have proof of a negative coronavirus test to travel to England
- self-isolate for 10 days on arrival
- complete a Public Health Passenger Locator Form before travelling to the UK.
If you have been fully vaccinated in the USA or many European countries, you will not need to quarantine when you arrive in England or take a day 8 test. You still need to book and take a day 2 test.
A travel ban for new arrivals from certain destinations is currently in place. A full list of these countries can be found here:
We recommend that you check the latest official guidance before you travel or contact us for more information.
How can I safely get from the airport to my homestay?
There are three options
- Anglo-Continental Car Transfer
- Anglo-Continental Coach Transfer (May to August 2021)
- National Express Coach
- National Rail
The Anglo-Continental Car Transfer Service offers a personal ‘meet and greet’ service. The vehicle will be sanitised and if you wish the driver will wear a mask.
The Anglo-Continental Coach Transfer operates for students arriving in the UK every Sunday between 0800 and 2000 hours between 30 May and 8 August, 2021. For students departing the Anglo-Continental Coach Transfer operates every Sunday between 0500 and 1600 hours between 13 June and 22 August, 2021.
For public transport, such as National Express and National Rail you will be required to wear a face mask. You must follow their safety procedures.
We will not be operating the Anglo-Continental Coach Transfer service.
Your first day
All students will be asked to complete and sign a declaration about your health in the last 14 days.
You will take the entry test in our 100 seat lecture room or similar space where seats will meet the social distancing guidelines.
A walking tour of Bournemouth will be provided (weather permitting)
Orientation will take place in our 100 seat lecture room or similar space where seats will meet the social distancing guidelines.
What accommodation options do I have?
All our accommodation options are available to you.
Homestay accommodation Options:
- Standard (single room only)
- Standard with Private Bathroom
Other Accommodation Options:
- Student Hotel Accommodation
- Guest Houses
- Bed and Breakfast
- Flats and Apartments
How will I be safe in my homestay accommodation?
Homestay families will follow UK Government guidelines.
You need to maintain a 1m social distance.
The communal areas will be regularly sanitised.
Social Activities Programme
A revised Social Activities Programme will take place in accordance with government guidelines.
We will ask that student sign up ahead of time so that we can ensure that we have correct measures in place to ensure that all students are safe.
How will I get food and drink?
Anglo-Continental’s Student Centre offers drinks as well as hot and cold meals so you do not have to leave the campus.
Our staff will be wearing masks and gloves and strictly follow hygiene guidelines.
You will be given sanitised cutlery, sauces and napkins when you are given your food and/or drink.
Seating will be apart and meet the social distancing guidelines.
Tables and chairs will be sanitised at regular intervals.
If you have any concerns, please contact us for more information before your arrival into the UK:
Telephone:+44 (0)1202 55 74 14
We will regularly monitor the situation and make updates and amendments when appropriate.